Services for passengers
The International Departure area hosts a variety of shops, cafes, lounges, Internet cafes and many more. There is also a chapel at the first level of the International Departures Hall. The facilities inside the airport are easily accessible for the persons with disabilities. Airlines distribute Romanian- and English-language newspapers at the departure gates.
Traffic and statistices
In 2012, Henri Coandă International received 7,101,712 passengers, an increase of 40% compared to 2011. This was largely due to the transfer of operations from Aurel Vlaicu International Airport after its closure as a commercial airport in March. Together, both of Bucharest’s airports handled 7,547,465 passengers in 2012.
|Year||Passengers (total)||Passengers (domestic flights)||Aircraft movements||Cargo|
|Vienna||Vienna Airport||54||Austrian Airlines, TAROM|
|Rome||Fiumicino Airport, Ciampino Airport||45||Alitalia, Blue Air, TAROM. Wizz Air|
|Paris||Beauvais Airport, Charles de Gaulle Airport||44||Air France, Blue Air, TAROM, Wizz Air|
|London||Heathrow Airport, Luton Airport||42||Blue Air, British Airways, TAROM, Wizz Air|
|Munich||Munich Airport||40||Lufthansa, Lufthansa Cityline, TAROM|
|Istanbul||Atatürk Airport, Sabiha Gökçen Airport||39||Pegasus Airlines, TAROM, Turkish Airlines|
|Frankfurt||Frankfurt Airport||32||Lufthansa, TAROM|
|Timișoara||Traian Vuia Airport||26||TAROM|
|This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (April 2013)|
A direct train service to the main railway station, Gara de Nord, runs from the Airport railway station, about 900 m from the airport. Shuttle buses connect this train station with the departures and arrivals halls and the tickets are valid both for the train and for the transfer bus.
The next phase of the airport’s expansion aims to locate the train station in the airport itself.
Henri Coandă Airport is connected to the public transport company RATB system. The 780 route provides express bus service to Gara de Nord railway station in Bucharest and the 783 route provides express bus service to the city center 24 hours a day.
As of May 2013, taxis serving Henri Coandă Airport can be ordered using a touch screen system located in the arrivals terminal, allowing the taxi drivers to enter the pick-up area. This measure was taken after many complaints from passengers who were being ripped off when using illegal, high-price taxis.
In popular culture
- Season 14 of The Amazing Race was filmed here during the first portion of the third leg. All of the nine teams present arrived at the airport on three separate flights before they completed the rest of the leg.
- Aviation in Romania
- Transportation in Romania
- List of the busiest airports in Europe by passenger traffic
- ^ a b EAD Basic
- ^ “TAROM S.A. – Identification Data
- ^ About Țiriac Air
- ^ “Contact.” Henri Coandă International Airport. Retrieved on 1 December 2011. “The National Company “Bucharest Airports” S.A. Calea Bucurestilor nr. 224 E Otopeni, Ilfov County Postal code 075150 Romania” – Address in Romanian: “Compania Nationala “Aeroporturi Bucuresti” S.A. Calea Bucurestilor nr. 224 E Otopeni, judetul Ilfov Cod postal 075150 Romania”
- ^ a b c  (Romanian) Romanian Ministry of Transportation – Descriptive Note – Otopeni Airport Development Strategy
- ^ “The Bucharest Airport at a10.eu
- ^ a b New Departing Hall extension opened (Romanian)
- ^ Bucharest Henri Coandă Airport – Development&Modernization – Phase III
- ^ Extensions to the Coandă Airport (Romanian)
- ^  (Romanian) The Romanian Ministry of Transportation
- ^ Bucharest Otopeni Airport, the last frontier (Romanian)
- ^ A new terminal (Romanian)
- ^ New route to DWC
- ^ Topul aeroporturilor din Romania (Romanian)
- ^ http://www.aeronews.ro/comercial/1677-aeroporturile-bucureti-trafic-in-2012
- ^ a b ORDIN 169/1.801. Planul national de actiune privind reducerea emisiilor de gaze cu efect de seră în domeniul aviatiei civile (Romanian)
- ^ “Touch screen installed for cab ordering at Otopeni airport in Bucharest”. Romania Insider. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Henri Coandă International Airport|
- Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport website.
- Bucharest airport guide.
- Arrivals and departures in real time.
- Location of Bucharest Henri Coanda International Airport on Google Maps
- How call taxi at Henri Coanda Airport – 1.39 lei.